We are a special lakeside community providing a gateway to Vermont from New York and Canada. We invite all citizens, neighbors and visitors to use this information, help us enhance it, and make it more effective. We welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions!
Hot Off the Press:
ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER VACANCY
The Town of Alburgh is seeking interested parties for the position of Animal Control Officer. This is a paid position, appointed by the Selectboard. For a detailed job description please visit the Town Clerks Office at 1 North Main St. Alburgh, VT. It can also be found here by clicking the link – Animal Control Officer Job Description
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest to the selectboard via email to: [email protected] or drop a hard copy off to the Town Clerk’s Office in a sealed envelope. This position will be advertised until filled.
PLANNING COMMISSION VACANCY
The Alburgh Select Board is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on the Planning Commission. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest to the Town Clerk’s Office either in person or via mail to 1 North Main Street, or by email to [email protected] This position will be advertised until filled.
TOWN ADMINISTRATOR OPENING
The Town of Alburgh is seeking candidates for a newly created, Town Administrator position. The Town Administrator is appointed by the SelectBoard to oversee the daily operations of the town, advise the SelectBoard on budget and policy development and execution, and provide administrative support to the board. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated individuals who are experienced in strategic and operational level management and are eager to learn and support the Town of Alburgh.
Desired Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred, with a course of study in public or business administration, political science or equivalent subjects. Three years’ experience in local government planning or administration, or equivalent experience in business or government preferred. A combination of the above qualifications may be acceptable as determined by the Selectboard.
- Knowledge of municipal finance, accounting and budgeting
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting municipal governments including but not limited to finance, public works, elections, planning, personnel practices, access to public records and open meetings.
- Ability to interact positively with local citizens, the media, other town officials and employees.
- Ability to work effectively with local, regional and state agencies and officials, local businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Commitment to the Town’s goals and objectives as determined by its voters, Selectboard, commissions and committees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Computer skills, particularly word processing and database management.
- Ability to work proficiently with computers, software, and other tools that are essential to efficient conduct of the Town Administrator’s responsibilities.
- Ability to conduct legal research and present findings, and to assist the Selectboard in the management of legal matters in which the Town is a participant.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically, to evaluate alternative solutions to a given problem and offer objective recommendations.
- Ability to exhibit initiative, leadership and judgment in the administration of all affairs placed in his/her charge.
- Ability to coordinate, direct and supervise staff as assigned by the Selectboard.
- Ability to and knowledge of writing, implementing and administering local, state and federal grants
- Ability to organize and use time effectively, and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to keep accurate, organized records.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to manage confidential information in a professional and legal manner.
- Ability to listen to and accept criticism.
- Interest and willingness to attend appropriate training to maintain and improve skills.
- Positive attitude and ability and willingness to collaborate as part of a team.
Working Conditions: This job is a salaried position as defined in the Town of Alburgh Personnel Policy and is subject to employee benefits as defined therein. It is expected to be performed under normal office conditions for a minimum of 40 hours per week. It is recognized that there is considerable time required outside normal office hours both in the field and to attend various meetings.
Start Date: Negotiable.
Application Process – Applicants should email a letter of interest and resume to: [email protected] Questions can be sent to the same email address. The board will accept applications until the position is filled.
TOWN OF ALBURGH 2022 TOWN MEETING MIUNUTES
ALBURGH UNCLAIMED PROPERTIES REPORT FROM STATE OF VERMONT
2022 Dog Licensing! Please submit current rabies vaccination records when registering. Fees are $10 for spayed/neutered dogs, and $14 for those intact. Dogs must be licensed by April 1st or fees will increase and tickets may be issued. Registration by mail is possible, call the municipal office for details.
Payments can be made via snail mail or can be placed in the dropbox located on the south side of the building.
Electronic payments for the Town of Alburgh can also now be accepted by clicking HERE with a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express card. A $3.00 fee or 2.65% charge (whichever is greater) will be applied. Cards issued by Canadian banks cannot use the online option.
At this time only CURRENT bills, not delinquent, can be paid in this form. Problems or questions can be directed to the office. Thank you!